Get a Beautiful Smile at Any Age
Everyone should be able to get a beautifully-aligned smile. We're proud to offer a full range of orthodontics for children, teens and adults.
Orthodontics for Children
While there’s no minimum age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends a child receive their first orthodontic evaluation by around the age of seven.
By this time, most children will have a mix of baby teeth and permanent teeth, making it easier for orthodontists to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems before they have the chance to become more severe.
Consider an Exam for Your Child
Early, or interceptive, treatment with Booth Orthodontics will allow us to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child's jaw
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Help avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct bad habits like thumb sucking
- Help improve minor speech problems
Signs Your Child Needs to See Our Doctor
Outward appearances can be deceptive. As a parent, it's not always easy to determine if your child may need orthodontic treatment just by observing them.
Here are some things to look out for that may indicate your child needs to see an orthodontist:
- Baby teeth that are lost too early or later than expected
- Difficulty chewing or biting food
- Mouth breathing
- Finger or thumb sucking
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or don’t come together at all
- Jaws and teeth that aren’t proportionate to the rest of the face
- Crowded front teeth from about the of age seven or eight
Orthodontics for Teens
If your teen recently learned braces can improve their smile, you’re likely to have lots of questions, and you may be feeling nervous or worried when you think about beginning the process. Bulky, uncomfortable metal braces are a thing of the past.
With today’s braces smaller, sleeker, and far more comfortable than ever before. They also come in a variety of styles, materials, and even colors.
Orthodontics for Adults
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for children and teens. One in every five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment later in life because they understand the importance of maintaining their oral health, they want to feel better about their overall appearance, or both.
If you’ve experienced any of the following issues, orthodontic treatment may be for you:
- A bad bite (malocclusion) causing your teeth to fit together incorrectly
- The teeth are too crowded or spaced too far apart
- Any abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Or simply a desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile!
Although the thought of wearing braces as an adult can be intimidating, there are several options that are discreet but effective. We offer ceramic braces, which blend in closely with your own smile, and Invisalign, a clear aligner system that is nearly invisible.
Consider Adult Treatment
Straight teeth are healthy teeth — When your teeth are properly aligned it’s easier to keep them clean with flossing and brushing, which in turn helps to prevent other oral issues, including some that can affect your overall health.
A healthy, straight smile builds confidence and self-esteem — Successfully completed orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, give you a better quality of life, and allow you to smile freely for maybe the first time ever!
Untreated oral issues will get worse — Delaying or refusing orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues that will wind up costing you more in the end.
Start Your Smile Journey
We know that children, teens, and adults will all have different dental needs, requiring a different level of attention and care. We'll work diligently with you to make sure you get the best treatment in a comfortable environment. Schedule your free consultation today.